Enjoy a smoother closing by gathering your paperwork before you apply.

Here is a list of documents you and your co-borrower(s) may need to complete your mortgage application. Additional documents may also be needed later in the process.

  • Your most recent one month’s pay stub(s)

That means: If You Get Paid…

Every week (4)

Bi-weekly (2)

Monthly (1)

Your pay stub(s) cannot be more than one month old at the time you submit your application.

  • Your most recent two years of your Form W-2 from your employer

Your W-2 is given to you every year by your employer so you can do your taxes.

  • Your most recent three months of bank and investment statements. A copy of your W-2 should be attached to your tax return, so you should be able to find it there. If you filed electronically, you or your tax preparer should have a copy of your W-2.
  • Be sure to copy all pages of your statements (front and back). If you don’t receive paper statements, please print your entire online statement.
  • Don’t forget to include all of your accounts (checking, savings and investments). Your accounts must show that you have enough money to afford your down payment and several mortgage payments.
  • You will need to provide a detailed letter to explain any large deposits or withdrawals.
  • Double check! Are the three months of statements your most recent?
  • A completed and signed Form 4506-T or 4506T-EZ

Your Loan Officer will give you this form. (It gives them authorization to access your tax return.)

  • Your home purchase contract signed by you and the seller (Provided by you Agent)

This indicates that you have found a new home and are ready to move forward with your application.

NOTE: If you ARE SELF-EMPLOYED or you get paid any commissions, you’ll also need your most recent two years of tax returns, signed.

Don’t forget to include all pages and schedules. We don’t need copies of your state returns.

  • If you own a business, we’ll also need the most recent two years of personal tax returns and any business returns you filed for your company (e.g., 1120, 1120S, Schedule K-1 / 1065).
  • If you filed electronically, you can print a copy from your tax software or ask your tax preparer. • Double check! Do all your returns have your signature? Have you included two years?
Contact me for a list of preferred lenders